Thanks for your question! Currently, there are no plans to make apps for both of those operating systems, but you can use our browser extension (the direct link is here, and more information about our latest update is here) to have a similar experience in Chrome and Firefox if you’re a Google+ user.
We released an exciting update to the Streamified browser extension today! The big news, of course, is that the extension is now available for Firefox users. Here’s how to get it:
- If you’re a Firefox user, install the extension by clicking here!
- If you’ve already been using the extension on Chrome, you can go to the extensions page and hit “Update extensions now.” Look for version 1.18.61. You may want to clear your browser’s cache and/or do a hard restart of your browser. If you’re still having trouble, click the install link and do a fresh install.
- If you’re a new Chrome user user, install the extension by clicking here (same link as for Firefox)!
While this extension has all the same functionality of previous versions (check out our walkthrough and our “Get The Most Out Of…” series for some tips and tricks), we also added a new feature: a share box!
Before we continue, please note that if you don’t see the Streamified icon right away in Firefox, right-click the toolbar area and select “customize,” then manually drag the icon into the toolbar.
Now, clicking on the Streamified icon in your toolbar will open up a share box that will appear to the right within the page you’re viewing. (To get to the settings now, double-click on the Streamified icon, or click once to open the share box and then click on “Settings.”) The share box allows you to easily share an interesting webpage to your social networks. It should look pretty familiar to those who’ve already been using the extension in Chrome.
- You can edit the title and description of your share (for Twitter, the “description” text is what is shared, along with the URL of the page), and select if you want a thumbnail picture to represent the page.
- Select the network(s) you want to post to. Please note that right now, due to technical limitations, you can’t post to Google+ from the share box.
- Hit “Post”; the share box should close, and you should see black notifications appear in the upper right corner to let you know that the post was shared successfully.
- You can also Like, Tweet, or +1 the page from the share box.
We’re really excited about the extension release and hope you enjoy it! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at our support site if you have any issues, since this is a new release. Our support site is located here and make sure to use the right area, Chrome or Firefox, that fits the browser you’re using.
Lastly, if you like our extension, share it with your friends!
In this week’s edition of “Get The Most Out Of…,” we’re taking a look at the mobile app’s image editor. This post is in honor of our upcoming photo contest; we’d love to see your pictures!
Image Editing with Streamified
In version 1.5 of the mobile app, we released a brand new image editor! Though we covered the basics of how to access the image editor in that post, today we’ll go a little more in depth on all of the editors’ features.
Keep in mind that Streamified, by default, saves any images that you shared to networks. You can change this behavior by going to the Streamified settings and turning “Save Photos” off.
We’re having a contest!
In honor of our mobile app’s new image editor and the upcoming release of the 1.6 build of our app, we want to see the best photos you can take and edit with Streamified!
Tweet us your pictures from the mobile app for consideration - you can enter as many times as you want before September 15! Make sure that your tweet has all of the following:
- Our username somewhere in the tweet - @streamified
- Our contest’s hashtag - #streampics
- Text that you wouldn’t be ashamed of if people were retweeting it
Remember, you can submit more than one picture!
Each photo will have the original tweet submission’s link next to it. Then, during a soon-to-be-announced range of dates, voting will occur! Some things to keep in mind about voting:
- In order to vote for a picture you liked, do an official Twitter retweet of the photo submission
- You can vote for more than one picture by retweeting them
- Feel free to encourage your friends, enemies, and everyone in between to vote for your picture
After voting is finished, we’ll put up the winning 3 pictures on our blog and reach out to the winners.
- The first place winner will receive a $50 iTunes gift card
- The second place winner will receive a $25 iTunes gift card
- The third place winner will receive a $15 iTunes gift card
If you have any questions, let us know on Twitter or comment here.
Stay tuned for an image editor tutorial tonight in anticipation of this contest!
In this week’s edition of “Get The Most Out Of…,” we’re taking a look at Facebook. As always, if you haven’t joined us on this social network, add us to your circles here!
Thanks for writing to us! When you go to Streamified Settings, click on the Facebook account; this will show you your Facebook-specific Settings. You should be able to see your Facebook Pages there as an option, and enabling those will let you post to them. Can you let us know with a comment to this post?
We’re always looking for new content to add to our network of supported blog subscriptions. Do you have any ideas? Reply to this post and let us know!