Streamified extension updated; Now on Firefox!
We released an exciting update to the Streamified browser extension today! The big news, of course, is that the extension is now available for Firefox users. Here’s how to get it:
- If you’re a Firefox user, install the extension by clicking here!
- If you’ve already been using the extension on Chrome, you can go to the extensions page and hit “Update extensions now.” Look for version 1.18.61. You may want to clear your browser’s cache and/or do a hard restart of your browser. If you’re still having trouble, click the install link and do a fresh install.
- If you’re a new Chrome user user, install the extension by clicking here (same link as for Firefox)!
While this extension has all the same functionality of previous versions (check out our walkthrough and our “Get The Most Out Of…” series for some tips and tricks), we also added a new feature: a share box!
Before we continue, please note that if you don’t see the Streamified icon right away in Firefox, right-click the toolbar area and select “customize,” then manually drag the icon into the toolbar.
Now, clicking on the Streamified icon in your toolbar will open up a share box that will appear to the right within the page you’re viewing. (To get to the settings now, double-click on the Streamified icon, or click once to open the share box and then click on “Settings.”) The share box allows you to easily share an interesting webpage to your social networks. It should look pretty familiar to those who’ve already been using the extension in Chrome.
- You can edit the title and description of your share (for Twitter, the “description” text is what is shared, along with the URL of the page), and select if you want a thumbnail picture to represent the page.
- Select the network(s) you want to post to. Please note that right now, due to technical limitations, you can’t post to Google+ from the share box.
- Hit “Post”; the share box should close, and you should see black notifications appear in the upper right corner to let you know that the post was shared successfully.
- You can also Like, Tweet, or +1 the page from the share box.
We’re really excited about the extension release and hope you enjoy it! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at our support site if you have any issues, since this is a new release. Our support site is located here and make sure to use the right area, Chrome or Firefox, that fits the browser you’re using.
Lastly, if you like our extension, share it with your friends!